How to Extract Data from PDF to Excel or Word?
There are plenty of online services and tools available to convert a PDF to a Word document.
Few PDF documents have only text content and it is possible to copy the text & paste it in a Word or Excel document. But some PDF content has tables and too much of formatting. In that case, we will not be able to copy the complete document in same format as how it is displayed with a PDF viewer.
In such cases, users search for a free converter tools. One such online tool is provided by Cometdocs. This integrates with Google Drive documents directly (once you grant required access permission) and does conversions directly. All you have to do is to store your document in Google Drive and install this Chrome extension from your Chrome browser.
Convert PDF table to Excel or Word in Minutes
Once you have installed this app, a product icon will be added to Chrome App Launcher. Follow the below steps that explains how to do a conversion using this app.
- Register & Login:
- Register the product with you Email ID for free limited version usage or paid unlimited version.
- Login to your Google Drive account in Chrome browser.
- Choose File & Click Convert:
- Right click on a PDF document which you want to convert. A popup menu will appear giving us option to Preview, Open With, Download etc.,
- Click on “Open With” and it will display options to choose “Cometdocs PDF converter”, “Google Docs” & other apps if any.
- Click on Cometdocs and a page will open asking for list of destination formats (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, HTML, DWG, BMP, JPEG, GIF, TXT and it goes on). Choose one and confirm to get a converted document on page in Minutes.
Once the Conversion is completed, there will be option one same page to download the converted document. This product does not have any restriction for file size but only has limitation of number of usage for free version.
Features & Supported Platforms
Advantages of using Cometdocs with Google Drive are listed below.
- Converts PDF to Word, PDF to Excel, and PDF to Images and vice versa, right from Google Drive’s interface.
- Users don’t have to leave Google Drive at any point.
- PDFs can also be converted to Open Office formats, DWG, html and more.
- Every user can convert 5 files every week for free.
- Documents are converted fully (no file size limit or number of pages limit).
Other Similar products with the name “PDF to Word” Converter are available in Chrome Store. But the above mentioned extension has better review. Even I have tried the free limited version of this tool and it works just fine.
The developers of this tool also provide applications that can be installed in Windows and IOS systems. Further Cometdocs provide document storing and sharing services. It is a collection of comprehensive services to convert and manage PDF & other office format documents. Browse this website for more information of this App.
Previous Post: Set Excel VBA Print Area – Give Printout from Macro
Next Post: IM your Friend in Communicator from Excel
- Register & Login:
Best Free Online PDF to Word or Excel Converter