How to Convert Excel To VCard (VCF)?
Download the Free Excel to vCard converter Excel code and follow the instructions.
- Copy all the contacts to vCard Converter in the format mentioned in worksheet.
- Type output VCF file name.
- Click on ‘Convert Contacts to VCF’ command button.
- Contacts in the Excel app will be converted to vCard Output File in the same folder.
This converted VCF or vCard format is supported in many Email clients, Smart Phones and Operating systems to store the Contact details. For Example: Microsoft Outlook, Gmail, Android Phone etc.,
This file can be easily transferred to your Smart phone or Email service and keep your contacts in sync with your Excel File. Lets learn the techniques involved in this. Use the code in this article to convert Excel contacts to VCF format or VCard File.
1. What is VCF or VCard File?
It is a file format used to store Contact Information like Name, Phone Number, Email Address, Mailing Address etc.,
This article explains – how to convert Phone Contact Information in an Excel File to VCF file with VBA code and also Product link to generate contact file on your own. After Conversion this file can be transferred to supported Mobile Phones or Email Accounts to update in Contacts.
Related: Export VCF file to Excel
2. Sample File format of Excel to vCard Converter
Each contact starts with a BEGIN: tag followed by Contact fields and then terminates with END: tag. In few advanced VCF formats, there are fields available to add even the profile picture, social profile, website etc.,
3. Convert Contacts in Excel To vCard – Format
We often manage contact details in Excel format because it will be in Good readable format and easy to manage. Not all operating system or Email client has mechanism to import contacts from Excel.
Here we are going to deal with a simple, basic Excel to VCF creation. So, just create a new Excel workbook with sheet1 having column headers as in below image. Once this is done, the free code present in this page can be used to export contact details to a VCF file.
4. VBA Code to Convert Excel to VCard
Open the newly created Excel workbook. Press Alt+F11 and copy paste the below code. Press F5 to execute the code. A VCF file will be generated in the path where the Excel is saved (Ex: “D:\OutputVCF.VCF”)
Downloaded 36,385 Times
Before Using Xls to VCF Code Read this:
Visual Basic12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031'External Properties & Functions DeclarationPrivate Declare Function ShellExecute Lib "shell32.dll" Alias "ShellExecuteA" (ByVal hWnd As Long, ByVal Operation As String, ByVal Filename As String, Optional ByVal Parameters As String, Optional ByVal Directory As String, Optional ByVal WindowStyle As Long = vbMinimizedFocus) As LongPrivate Sub Create_VCF()'Open a File in Specific Path in Output or Append modeDim FileNum As IntegerDim iRow As DoubleiRow = 2FileNum = FreeFileOutFilePath = ThisWorkbook.Path & "\OutputVCF.VCF"Open OutFilePath For Output As FileNum'Loop through Excel Sheet each row and write it to VCF FileWhile VBA.Trim(Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(iRow, 1)) <> ""FName = VBA.Trim(Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(iRow, 1))LName = VBA.Trim(Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(iRow, 2))PhNum = VBA.Trim(Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(iRow, 3))Print #FileNum, "BEGIN:VCARD"Print #FileNum, "VERSION:3.0"Print #FileNum, "N:" & FName & ";" & LName & ";;;"Print #FileNum, "FN:" & FName & " " & LNamePrint #FileNum, "TEL;TYPE=CELL;TYPE=PREF:" & PhNumPrint #FileNum, "END:VCARD"iRow = iRow + 1Wend'Close The FileClose #FileNumMsgBox "Contacts Converted to Saved To: " & OutFilePath & " - Join Email Subscription To Get Latest Updates"ShellExecute 0, "Open", "http://officetricks.com/email-subscription-page/"End Sub
- Do not leave any Blank rows in between records. Because the code will stop conversion when it reads a empty row.
- Output File is created in the same Folder where the Excel File is Stored.
- If You want to Insert Alternate Phone number for a Contact, Check the Syntax of VCF file and Insert the corresponding Tag in the below code.
Copy and Import to Android Contacts:
- VCF File created using this Excel to VCF converter can be viewed in Notepad, because this is not an encrypted file format.
- This File can be copied to Android Phones or any other VCF supporting device or application and imported into Phone Contacts.
- From Android Device Contacts, choose Import from SD card option and select the file you just copied. Android will start to import the contacts to the device.
Downloaded 36,385 Times
The advantage of this VCF file is that it is not an encrypted file format. It can be opened using any Text file editor, also can be modified manually and it is easy to transfer the file over internet through Email or a simple file transfer through a USB Cable, Wifi or Bluetooth between devices.
- WhatsApp Tricks: Install WhatsApp Android App in your PC and Chat with Friends
- Outlook Tips: Save Outlook Mail Attachment to Local Folder
Excel To VCF Converter – VBA Convert Excel to Vcard