How to Take Backup of Social Media Profile?
There is no need to give any intro about Social Media for next few decades, until something new comes up. Every internet users have one or more Profiles in the famous networks like Facebook, Twitter, GooglePlus, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Tumbler, StumbleUpon etc.,
Most of us would agree that it kills a major portion of our productive time, but no one would be willing to shut down any of those online accounts. We are very much used to hang out with Smartphones and Social Media.
Even then, for some reason, if you decide to plug out from this virtual world, you might consider taking a backup copy of all your online Social Network Profiles in your Computer.
Let’s see how to request these networks for your backup data.
Why we might need a backup copy of Social Network Profile?
In these Social Network Accounts, we store email ids, phone numbers and other contact details of many of the valuable business leads, friends, family members, customers etc., We have to preserve these details which we gained over a long period of time.
Apart from this, some of the situations where we might choose to have a local copy of our online accounts are listed below.
- Periodic Backup for Future References in case of data loss.
- Delete any of your Social Media Accounts and vanish from Virtual World.
- Renovate your existing profile appearance and content.
- Migrate to a new profile id.
Lets see what are the option provided by top 4 of the Famous Social Media Networks.
Also Read: Download Email Details from Outlook to Excel
Google Plus Profile Download
This is a very fast growing network and Google Keeps on bringing in new options and updates inside this.
Use “Google Takeout”(<- Click this link or search for this keyword in Google) option to take back up of most of the data from your Google Account. Once you initiate the request for backup, Google will start to collect all requested data in a zip file and the download file will be ready in few hours or days depending on volume of your content.
Once the archive is ready, Google will send an email along with the Link to download the data to your computer.
In addition to Google+ Profile data, you can also opt to include about 16+ Google Products data to the archive, including the below familiar items.
- Google Drive
- Google Photos
Facebook Profile Download
This option in Facebook will become invisible to your eyes, if you overlook or if you are glancing through the below explained navigation page in a hurry. Go real slow, check every line in the page. You will find it.
- From your Facebook Profile, Go to Settings.
- Click “General”. In this “General Account Settings” page, look at the last line.
- There is a link as “Download a Copy of you Facebook Data”
Click this link and it will guide you to initiate data archival process. Once completed, Facebook will send an email with the link to download your Profile Backup Data.
Twitter Profile Download
Twitter is very much straight forward and does not ask you for much information.
- Go to Settings and click on Account.
- In Account Setting there are has 2 sections. Account & Content.
- Under “Content” Section, there is a button “Request You Archive”.
Click on this button and wait till Twitter sends you a email with link to Download your Twitter Profile Data Archive.
LinkedIn Connections Backup
LinkedIn does not provide any direct methods to Export a backup of your complete profile. Instead you can take a PDF version of your profile and a CSV or VCF (VCard) format of all your contacts. Here, I have discussed only about how to download backup of your contacts.
- From Home Page, Click Connections Tab.
- On the Right hand side top – on the same line that has word “Connections”, you can see setting symbol (Spot the Symbol, do not look for word “Settings”)
- In the resulting page, in the right side bar, there is option as “Export LinkedIn Connections”.
Click on this option, to download all the contacts from LinkedIn in CSV or VCF format to your local computer.
Note: Take extra care while storing these backup data in your local computer, since it might be having any personal or secured information like bank account details, log in credentials etc.,
Download Your Social Network Profile Data to PC