How to Sync contacts with Facebook?
Handy tips to allow Facebook Sync Contacts to Phone with OS like., Android, iOS(Iphone), Windows are explained in this article.
Social networking is a rage these days. You get to catch up with your friends, relatives and share every moment of your life with them by posting on Facebook. Practically every person you know is your friend on Facebook. This makes it much easier to keep contacts and maintain them. Well, it would be even easier if you could directly import your Facebook contacts on to your smartphone.
You have good news! This is possible! Though the steps vary depending on your smartphone OS, you can easily sync all your contacts from Facebook onto your phone and use them directly whenever you want. Read on to know more about it.
Facebook Contacts sync with Android
Download & install Facebook app on your Android phone. During the login process, you will be prompted to allow Facebook sync contacts with those on your Android phone. Clicking yes right away will help you all hassle later on.
In case you skipped that step, there is nothing to worry. One way is to, of course, uninstall and reinstall the app. But, that is not actually needed. You could do it otherwise also with the below method to sync Facebook contact list to Android.
Here are some simple steps to sync your contacts:
- Go to Menu -> Settings -> Account & Sync
- You could see Facebook in the list. Click on it. In case you do not find it in the list, it means you have not added your Facebook account to Android account. There is an option at the bottom to add it right away. Just do that.
- Select the option for “Sync contacts”.
- Click on “Sync Now”
That’s all. Now you are all set to view your Facebook contacts in your Contacts list. You will also get options to sync your calendars and feeds. You could select them as per your preference.
How to Sync contacts from Facebook to iPhone?
The first step here, as above, is to sign in to your Facebook account on your phone. Once that is done, you could easily sync your contacts and even calendars to you iPhone. Just follow the steps below:
- Got to Settings and scroll down till you find the Facebook option. Click on it.
- Sign in to the app. Enter your Facebook email/user id and password. Click on Sign in.
- You could see the options for Contacts and Calendars. Turn on the option for Contacts.
- At the bottom, you could see the option for “Update all Contacts”. Select that to sync all your contacts with your iPhone.
Sync Facebook Contact to Phone with Windows OS
Windows has a very simple process to sync your contacts. Once you sign in to any account, you could see the respective contacts showing under the People app.
First, you need to install and sign in to the Facebook app on your phone. Follow these steps to sync your Facebook account:
- Open the FB app on your phone and sign in.
- The app will prompt you to connect. You could select the option right away.
- In case you skipped the above step, go to the settings page for FB.
- Scroll down to select Settings.
- You could see the option for “Connect my Phone”. Turn it On to sync your contacts with the People app.
Now you see how simple it is to make Facebook sync contacts to your phone and have them handy whenever you need it. Your smartphones are highly powerful devices that could do almost anything. So, go ahead and get all your contacts on your phone without any hassle whatsoever.