Convert Word Doc to PDF
PDF refers to “Portable Document Format”.
While sending the important files and information’s as a word document we are not sure about the document originality. When we are mailing or transferring data through web the authentication for the word document is not satisfactory up to certain level.
In order to avoid copying or alteration of information by the third party or unauthorized user, We convert the word document to PDF. PDF files cannot be altered, while we are sending through mails, only authorized user can view the files and information’s in their email.
There are two methods to covert Word to PDF format.
Direct Conversion from Word
It is the simplest way of converting a word document to PDF. In Microsoft word 2010, just follow the below steps
- First open the file you want to convert in to PDF.
- Choose Save As option either from file tab or accessibility tab or using ALT+F+A
- Now change the “save As type into PDF(*PDF)
- Then select “option” box.
- You will find lot of additional options. In that make sure the following check boxes are checked in under the Non-Printing Information section.
- Create Bookmarks using: Headings
- Document properties
- Document structure tags for accessibility
- If your create bookmarks with ‘heading’ not checked in, then your document will not have a perfect heading. Choose a heading and then continue.
- Then click “OK”. Your document will be saved as a “PDF” file.
Even you can change the name of the file in the same dialog box if you need. Proper heading and alignment will be followed along with the page number if you follow the above steps correctly.
Convert to PDF using Adobe Product
The other method for creating the PDF file of your word document is using Adobe Acrobat Professional. Adobe Acrobat Professional version 10 or above only are suitable for converting document created with Microsoft word 2010.
If you have already installed this version of Adobe Acrobat, along with plug in for Word, then the acrobat tab will appear in the word document. When you open the tab you will find the options under “Acrobat tab”. You will see a Create PDF icon and a Preferences icon in the Create.
Adobe PDF Group:
In the “Settings tab” first configure the settings that are needed to convert the word to PDF file. Click preferences to open the, Acrobat PDF Maker dialog.
- Then, in the Application Settings section of the Settings tab, make sure that below three check boxes are ,checked:
- Create Bookmarks,
- Add Links, and
- Enable Accessibility and Reflow with tagged Adobe PDF.
- Make sure the Prompt for Adobe PDF file name check box is checked in, leave the other tab(s) unaltered (even you can add password to the document in the same settings tab else you can leave it as it is).
On the Word tab, make sure the following check boxes are checked:
- Convert footnote and end note links.
- Enable advanced tagging.
- Make sure the Convert Word Headings to Bookmarks check box is checked, and make sure all of the heading levels are selected in the element list.
- Save the Preferences, once you have completed your selections, click the OK button to save your preferences and exit the PDF Maker dialog.
Configuration is completed. Now start Converting Word to PDF.
If you selected the option to prompt for Adobe PDF file name in the preferences, you will see a dialog titled “Save Adobe PDF File As,” where you can specify a new file name and location if you wish. In that case, update the file name and click save to finish.
While the file is being processed, a status dialog will display briefly, but because the process happens so quickly, it may disappear as quickly as it appeared. Finally, if you selected the option to View the PDF result in your preferences, the new PDF file displayed.
You can also use online converters to convert the documents. Some of the free online editors are available in online you can use those things to convert.
How to Convert Word to PDF
Top5 Trending Posts