IPL Points Table – 2021 Season 14
Here is the updated IPL points table & this year it is proving to be tougher than any other season. New teams are coming up at top of the points table.
|Pos||IPL Teams||Pld||Won||Lost||Tied||N/R||Net RR||Pts|
|1||Chennai Super Kings CSK||10||8||2||0||0||+1.069||16|
|2||Delhi Capitals DC||10||8||2||0||0||+0.711||16|
|3||Royal Challengers Bangalore RCB||10||6||4||0||0||-0.359||12|
|4||Kolkata Knight Riders KKR||10||4||6||0||0||+0.322||8|
|5||Punjab Kings PBKS||10||4||6||0||0||-0.271||8|
|6||Rajasthan Royals RR||9||4||5||0||0||-0.319||8|
|7||Mumbai Indians MI||10||4||6||0||0||-0.551||8|
|8||Sunrisers Hyderabad SRH||9||1||8||0||0||-0.637||2|
Summary of IPL Points Table
- CSK & DC are almost through to the playoff rounds. There is heavy competition for 3rd and 4th place.
- KKR shown tremendous performance in their 2nd phase of the game and jumped from 7th place to 4th place.
- RCB has very low net run rate, but still they keep winning games to stay on that 3rd position.
- Though SRH has a good bowling lineup, they lack some hard attacking batting lineup.
- RR & PBKS are unpredictable.
- MI is shocking in last few games with the batting collapse.
Overall it is still going to be so close to qualify for the playoff games. Lets wait and see.
More about Teams positions
As this season progresses, we might expect many shuffling in the 2021 IPL points table.
At this point, all 8 teams look equally talented and with the change in venue, the player will take time to settle for the new conditions.
Also Read: IPL 2021 revised fixture for Dubai
Earlier this year summer, the IPL was suspended due to Covid crisis.
Almost near the end of first half of the season, it was decided to suspend the matches because many of the IPL offiials and players were tested positive for Covid.
As of now, since the situation has recovered, it is been decided that the matches will commence from where it was stopped. And the venue has been moved to Dubai.
The above points table was the last status till the matches happened in India.
Let’s see who finishes in the top 4 positions.