Deleting Facebook Account
The following steps will guide you through the account deletion process.
- Login to your Facebook account.
- Follow this link to delete your account. A warning message is displayed that you cannot reactivate the account once deleted.
- Click Delete My Account to proceed.
- To confirm deletion, you will need to enter your password and the security captcha.
- A message prompt “Your account has been deactivated from the site and will be permanently deleted within 14 days” appears on the screen. This means your account is currently deactivated and after 14 days it will be deleted automatically. Logging into your Facebook account in these 14 days will involuntarily cancel your account deletion request.
- You will also get an email with the subject ‘Account Scheduled for deletion’ along with the link to cancel your delete request.
- Make sure that you have deleted saved caches, cookies and Facebook credentials on all of your browsers and devices. The saved Facebook data might reactivate your account accidentally.
Before deleting your Facebook account, it is advisable to download your Facebook data.
Download a Copy of Your Facebook Data
- Open Settings and under the ‘General Account Settings’.
- Find the Download a copy of your Facebook data option.
- Select Archive and to download your file.
There are so many people deleting their Facebook accounts every day; particularly, after the Cambridge Analytica Scandal.
If you are worried about your online privacy or simply tired of constant updates, you can easily delete your Facebook account.
Deleting WhatsApp Account
Are you bothered by information overload or constantly being updated of everyone’s life? If yes, you can delete your WhatsApp account in minutes. Deleting your WhatsApp account will.
- Remove you from all WhatsaApp groups
- Remove your account from your friends’ WhatsApp contacts
- Erase all your chats and media
- Delete your service payment information from the WhatsApp servers
How To Delete WhatsApp Account?
- Launch WhatsApp on your Android/iOS mobile.
- Tap on the three-dot icon on the top right corner and select Settings.
- Choose the option Account and select Delete My Account in the next section.
- To confirm the deletion of your account, you will need to select the country code and enter your phone number.
- Click on Delete My Account button to permanently delete your WhatsApp account.
How to Re-activate WhatsApp?
To reactive your account,
- Install WhatsApp and register your mobile number.
- You will be sent a six-digit verification code to activate your account.
- WhatsApp lets you restore your chats & media (If you have backup).
If you have backup, the old chat history will be recovered. If you don’t have backup it will display the empty chat page.
Why does the WhatsApp cofounder want you to delete Facebook?
Even though Facebook is the most popular and widely used social media, the networking site’s nightmares have got a lot worse. There have been reports stating that Facebook is leaking its users’ private data. Evidently, many people are not happy with Facebook’s behavior, including WhatsApp’s co-founder Brian Acton.
He had recently tweeted “It is time. #deletefacebook”
This tweet by Acton is very significant as he sold WhatsApp to Facebook in 2014. He continued to work for Facebook heading the WhatsApp division. Earlier this year, he quit Facebook to join Signal messaging app. Signal is a highly secure messaging platform; apparently, Facebook Messenger’s encryption is based on Signal’s technology.
Social media networks like Facebook & WhatsApp have greatly affected real life interactions between people. The effect that Facebook and WhatsApp have on our individual and societal health is becoming intimidating every day. Further, there is a threat that Facebook has leaked its users’ private data for US Presidential Election campaigns. In this article, we will discuss about deleting WhatsApp and Facebook accounts, and how to do them.
Reason behind the #DeleteFacebook Tweet
Facebook has been receiving intense repercussion from its users & government agencies after reports claimed that Facebook leaks users’ data. Cambridge Analytica, a political data analysis company is accused of accessing 50 million Facebook users’ private information illegally.
This British firm was a consultant for the US President, Donald Trump’s election campaign. It has been confirmed that Cambridge Analytica has used Facebook users’ private data, including their likes, to influence US Presidential Campaign in 2016.
Facebook’s market shares have fallen down by 10% ever since the news about data leak has come to light. Also, Mark Zuckerberg was questioned by the United States senators about this data leak scandal.
How To Delete Facebook Account & Whatsapp Permanently?