Adding WeekDays to Date – Excel Formula & VBA Code
This is helpful in planning duration for a project, budget or anything that is related to number of working days.
You can quickly add Days to start date also exclude the Weekends & Holidays, in Worksheet & VBA using the same function.
Lets see how these functions solve our problem.
1. Excel Worksheet Formula – WorkDay
Syntax: WorkDay (start date, number of days, [holidays])
Lets see the working of this function with an example. Assume you have these details.
- Start date of the project/task: “30-Apr-2018”
- Duration of the project is 45 days.
- Holiday(s): “1-May-2018”
Type this function in Excel.Excel Add Days to Date excluding Weekends & HolidaysVisual Basic123456=TEXT(WORKDAY("30-Apr-2018",45,"1-May-2018"),"dd-mmm-yyyy")OR=TEXT(WORKDAY(A1,B1,A2:A10),"dd-mmm-yyyy")'A1 - Start date'B1 - Number of Days to be Added to the Date in A1'A2:A10 - List of Holiday dates
It will just add days, exclude weekends, holidays & gives you an end date.
Note: Workday returns the result as a numeric datevalue. “Text” function is used to convert that datevalue into proper date format.
2. Adding Days to Date in VBA
Don’t use VBA.DateAdd function in Excel macro code for this purpose.
Instead, use the same Workday function in VBA as given below.Excel VBA - Add Days to DAte - Excluding Weekends & HolidaysVisual Basic123456789Sub Add_WorkDays_To_Date()Dim oRng As Range, iDate As Date, iHoliday As Range, iDays As RangeSet iRng = ThisWorkbook.Sheets(1).Range("C1")iDate = ThisWorkbook.Sheets(1).Range("A1")Set iDays = ThisWorkbook.Sheets(1).Range("B1")Set iHoliday = ThisWorkbook.Sheets(1).Range("A2:A2")iRng.Value = VBA.Format(Application.WorksheetFunction.WorkDay(iDate, iDays, iHoliday), "dd-mmm-yyyy")End Sub
Using Application.WorksheetFunction, you can call any worksheet formula inside Excel macro.
Note: Instead of “Text” formula, we have used “Format” function in VBA. But both serve the same purpose.
Here, the result will be the same as how it appears in the Formula result.
Excel Add WorkDays To Date – Excluding Weekends & Holidays
- Block Apps in FaceBook print screen Excel Countif Record Macro Timer in Excel Task Manager VCF HTML Table Import Data Thumbnails Text to Speech TTS Candy Crush C++ Programing Machine learning AI bulk email Excel VBA vba color index vba color codes Android social media Twitter Google+ Google Adsense Tips bitcoin Calendar in Excel outlook vba mass email Data Mining Excel Macro Facebook WhatsApp Wordpress python