How to Get Age from Date of Birth (DOB)?
The very easiest way to calculate person’s age from using their birthday in Excel is using this formula.
Syntax: DATEDIF([start-date],[end-date],[return type])
To calculate person’s age using datedif function follow these steps.
- Open a Excel workbook.
- In cell A1 – Enter person’s date of birth.
- In cell B1, Type this formula: =DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),”Y”)
- Press Enter to get the age of the person.
Excel – Age Calculation with Reference Date
If you do not want to use the TODAY() function you may use reference to a call with a date on which you would like to calculate the age as given below:
- A1 – the cell where you have person’s birthrate
- B1 – the date when you want to calculate teh age
- Enter the formula where you want to output the age:
Calculate Age – Years, Months & Days
To calculate accurate age updato days, we find number of years, then the number of months, and then the number of days.
VBA: To use the same function in vba, use Application.worksheetfunctions.DateDif
Type the following formula in cells A3:Excel Formula - Calculate Age from Date of BirthVisual Basic12=DATEDIF (A1, TODAY( ),"Y") & " Years, " & DATEDIF (A1, TODAY( ),"YM") & " Months, "& DATEDIF (A1, TODAY( ),"MD") & " Days"
The three parts of the formula are:
- Number of Years: DATEDIF (A1, TODAY( ), “Y”) & ” Years “
- Number of Months: DATEDIF (A1, TODAY( ), “YM”) & ” Months “
- Number of Days: DATEDIF (A1, TODAY( ), “MD”) & ” Days”
Enter your birth date into cell A1 of the worksheet.
Type =TODAY( ) into cell B1. (Optional). Displays the current system date. This is for your reference only, this data is not used by the DATEDIF formula above.
Note: When entering text data into a formula it must be enclosed in double quotation marks such as ” Years.”
Press the ENTER key on the keyboard .
Your current age should appear in cell A3 of the worksheet.
Previous Post: How to Make Google – To get Your Whatsapp Image Details?
Next Post: How to Create a Drop down list in Google Sheets?
How to get Age from Date of Birth in Excel? – Formula & VBA