Excel Add-in Files – Editing Sheets
Excel add-in xlam or xla (2003 format) file is a collection of macros, that can be included in Excel app.
Once add-in is enabled, the xlam add-in macros will be available to use from within any file, opened using Excel application.
Users will be able to see the Macro code (using Alt + F11) if it is not password protected. But, the worksheets in the add-in will be hidden by default.
Follwo these steps to make the sheets visible & edit the data in the sheets.
Steps to Make Worksheets Visible in Xlam File
Open xlam file (double click on file). You can only see the Excel app opening up, but worksheets are not visible.
We need to change the “IsAddin” property of the workbook to make sheets visible. Here are the steps for that.
- Press Alt + F11 to view the VBA editor.
- On left hand side, Project Explorer click on “VBAProject(filename.xlam)”
- Click on “Microsoft Excel Objects” -> “Thisworkbook”
- Press F4. This will enable the “Properties” window for Thisworkbook.
- Search for “IsAddin” property.
- Change the value from “True” to “False”.
Refer this image file to get an idea about the exact location of this property.
Now, the worksheets will be visible. You can edit them now, if they are not protected with password.
Note: Once You are done with editing the sheets, change the “IsAddin” property value back to “True”. This would avoid the sheets being shown everytime the Addin is used.
Related discussion can be found in this page from excelforum site.
How To Edit Worksheet in xlam – Excel Addin File?
- Games VCF Countif Record Macro Timer in Excel Task Manager print screen HTML Table Import Data Thumbnails Text to Speech TTS Candy Crush Block Apps in FaceBook C++ Programing Machine learning AI bulk email Excel VBA vba color index vba color codes Android social media Twitter Google+ Google Adsense Tips bitcoin Calendar in Excel outlook vba mass email Data Mining Excel Macro Facebook WhatsApp python Wordpress