Android – SmartPhone – Human’s Second Brain
Everyday hectic or light ,happy or moody it always includes a very important material.
Yes, You guess it right. It is the 7th sense of human being – “Smartphones” also commonly known as “Android”.
Is anybody curious about
- where does this name “Android” come from ? Or
- what does the word android mean ?
Here is the answer that will rock your brain.
Inception & Innovator’s Nick Name
The meaning of the term Android is “a robot with human appearance.”
The genius brain behind the whimsical Android is Andy Rubin. Prior to his carrier in Android and Google, he worked for Apple , where he invented many novice innovations.
Android is the nick name of Andy Rubin given by coworkers because of his love to robots.
The naming of Android goes back to Andy Rubin’s working days in Apple itself in an around 1989-1992. He worked most of the times in inventing mechanical or stay with robotic tools. For his immense love for robot.
Andy Rubin was many a times called as Android by his friends, which is another name for Robot. With this striking name in mind since then, Andy Rubin innovated the new stride in the world of mobile development, which works like nothing less than a robot.
Alphabetical Order of its Versions
In year 2012 Andy Rubin handed the ropes of Android to Sundar Pichai .
Android versions : dessertly named
Andy Rubin loves the Desserts (Sweet Items). Therefore all the version of Android are named with sweet Items.
Its versatile, user friendly applications & flexibility has made it more favorite. Since these devices make our lives so sweet, each Android version is named after a dessert: Cupcake, Donut, Eclair, Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich, and Jelly Bean.
All the tasty desserts of the Android are appeared in Alphabetical Order. The version history is given below :
- A : Alpha (1.1)
- B: Beta (1.2)
- C: Cupcake(1.5)
- D: Donut(1.6)
- E: Eclairs (2.0 – 2.1)
- F: Froyo(2.2 – 2.3)
- G: Gingerbread(2.3 – 2.3.7)
- H: Honeycomb(3.0 – 3.2.6)
- I: Icecream sandwich(4.0 – 4.0.4)
- J: Jellybean(4.1 – 4.3.1)
- K: KitKat(4.4 – 4.4.4)
- L: Lolipop(5.0 – 5.1.1)
- M: Marshmallow (6.0 – 6.0.1)
The Android app development company offering professional android app development services through this OS.
Evolution of Android with Google
- Google acquired android Incorporation in 17th August 2005.
- Applications was developed by Google and released in November 5, 2007 for mobile platforms.
- 2008, HTC launched the first android mobile.
Hope you loved these fun facts about Android. Leave your comments below if you liked it & don’t forget to share it with your friends.
Android – How Can a Name be – this much Closely Related to Its Inventor?
- Games VCF Countif Record Macro Timer in Excel Task Manager print screen HTML Table Import Data Thumbnails Text to Speech TTS Candy Crush Block Apps in FaceBook C++ Programing Machine learning AI bulk email Excel VBA vba color index vba color codes Android social media Twitter Google+ Google Adsense Tips bitcoin Calendar in Excel outlook vba mass email Data Mining Excel Macro Facebook WhatsApp python Wordpress