How To Make Glue Slime with Borax?
Stress Busters: Are you always tired of doing same tiring hectic works and you think you are out of relaxation. Stress the major factor of every health issues in our day to day life.
“The Slime to make you Smile“
Which can be eliminated here by an beautiful idea to make Your mind relax and relieve it from stress and gain peace.
Here is the recipe of two slime which we can choose according to our taste.
Slime for Beginners – with Borax & Glue
The procedure for the stress releasing slime is as easy as even kids can do it easily with very simple and easy procedure
The ingredients You need for this is really simple
- School glue
- Borax ( Sodium Tetraborate )
- Food coloring(optional)
- Two bowls
- In one bowl mix 1 oz. glue (about ¼ of the glue bottle) and ¼ cup water. If you want colored slime, add food coloring to the glue and water mixture. If you lift some of the solution out of the container can be witnessed becoming thick and sticky.
- Add ¼ cup of Sodium Tetraborate (Borax) Solution to the glue and water mixture and stir slowly.
- The slime will begin to form immediately. You can see the change in consistency before and after adding Borax.
- Stir as much as you can, then dig in and knead it with your hands until it gets less sticky.
This is a messy experience but is necessary because it allows the two compounds to bond completely. Any leftover water in the bowl is of no use you can pour them out
Chemical reaction – Slime Activator
The glue has an ingredient known polyvinyl acetate, which is a liquid polymer. The borax links the polyvinyl acetate molecules to each other, creating one large, flexible polymer. And hence the slime will get thicker and thicker the more you play with it .
Also Read: How to Play Fortnite Game?
How to Make Super Slime?
This slime is also the same like the first one with more chemicals than the first one .it will have the consistency of the clear slime. All the chemicals named under can be brought form any chemical store near by your location.
The materials you need for this:
- Polyvinylalcohol (PVA)
- Borax ( Sodium tetraborate )
- Food coloring(optional)
- Pour ½ cup of the polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) solution into a beaker, jar, or bowl. If you want colored slime, add food coloring to the PVA solution and stir with a stir stick.
- Add 2 teaspoons of Borax Solution into the PVA solution and stir slowly.
- Try lifting some of the solution with the stir stick and note what happens.
How this works:
Polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) is a liquid polymer and is therefore formed from long chains of connected molecules. The Sodium Tetraborate forms hydrogen bonds with oxygen present in the PVA chains.
Hydrogen bonds occur when the positive charge of the hydrogen atoms attracts the negative charge of the oxygen atoms within the compound. The hydrogen bonds link the individual PVA strands to each other, creating slime.
Since hydrogen bonds are weak, they will break and reform as you hold the slime or let it ooze onto a flat surface.
- To have a happy slime you need to save them in refrigerator else they may mold and cannot be used again .
- This slime though is interesting has lots of chemicals in it so wash your hands before and after playing this
- Children may tend to think this slime to be some eatables so kindly keep it away from the children .
Previous Post: Copy Excel Chart in Powerpoint – Macro VBA pastespecial
Next Post: VBA XML Parser – Read XML Nodes & Import To Excel
How To Make Slime for Beginners – with Glue & Borax?
- Block Apps in FaceBook print screen Excel Countif Record Macro Timer in Excel Task Manager VCF HTML Table Import Data Thumbnails Text to Speech TTS Candy Crush C++ Programing Machine learning AI bulk email Excel VBA vba color index vba color codes Android social media Twitter Google+ Google Adsense Tips bitcoin Calendar in Excel outlook vba mass email Data Mining Excel Macro Facebook WhatsApp python Wordpress