Convert .VCF To Excel – Open vCard File in Csv
To convert contacts in VCF to Excel spreadsheet, follow these steps.
- Download & Open VCF to Excel converter app listed.
- Enable Macros & content editing if requested.
- Type VCF file name in Input field along with it’s folder path.
- Press “Convert .vcf to Excel” button.
- Contacts in your vCard file will be imported to Excel spreadsheet.
Here is the download link…
Download limited version of .VCF to Excel (xlsx) Converter Tool Downloaded 29,800 Times
Not only App. Excel macro code is also available below to read & convert vCard to xls.
It will be easy to do maintenance on the contacts list imported from vCard to Excel, rather than in other plain text file formats.
1. How To open .vcf file in Excel?
Use this code to create Your own Excel app that can open vcf file.
Here are the steps.
VCF(vCard) To Excel converter - Open VCF File - VBA CodeVisual Basic123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142'Code Downloaded From Officetricks.com'External Properties & Functions DeclarationPrivate Declare Function ShellExecute Lib "shell32.dll" Alias "ShellExecuteA" (ByVal hWnd As Long, ByVal Operation As String, ByVal Filename As String, Optional ByVal Parameters As String, Optional ByVal Directory As String, Optional ByVal WindowStyle As Long = vbMinimizedFocus) As LongPrivate Sub VCF_To_Excel()'.vcf File to Excel Conversion code'Assign the Path of the VCF file hereVCF_File_Path = ThisWorkbook.Path & "\Vcf_to_Excel.VCF"'Open .vcf File in Excel (read mode)intfilenum1 = FreeFileOpen VCF_File_Path For Input As intfilenum1icol = 0irow = 1'Read .vcf File line by line till End Of FileWhile Not VBA.EOF(intfilenum1)Line Input #intfilenum1, filetext'If VCF file has Profile Photo Information, Skip/Enable as per your needIf VBA.InStr(1, filetext, "PHOTO;", vbTextCompare) > 0 Or VBA.Mid(filetext, 1, 1) = " " Then GoTo Read_Next_Line:'Identify beginning of vCard Contact InformationIf VBA.Trim(VBA.UCase(filetext)) = VBA.Trim("BEGIN:VCARD") Thenirow = irow + 1icol = 0End If'Write Contact Information to Excel Sheeticol = icol + 1ThisWorkbook.Sheets(1).Cells(irow, icol).SelectThisWorkbook.Sheets(1).Cells(irow, icol) = filetextRead_Next_Line:WendMsgBox "Thanks For Visiting. Subscribe Your Email with Us to get Free Latest updates"ShellExecute 0, "Open", "https://officetricks.com/email-subscription-page/"Close intfilenum1End_Process:MsgBox "Converting VCF to Excel Completed"End Sub
- Create a new Excel workbook.
- press Alt + F11 to view the VB Editor.
- Copy paste the below code in VBE.
- Change the path for the VCF file in the field ‘VCF_File_Path’.
- Execute the code by pressing F5. (How to Run Macro in Excel – If you are beginner)
1.a Output & Customization of VCF to Xls Converter VBA code
After execution of the code is completed, refer to first sheet in the workbook. It will have the vCard contacts imported.
As said earlier, it does not give a completely customized tool to strip the vCard format tags. It only display basic contact informations that our eyes would love to see.
This code can be enhanced to omit the tags like BEGIN: or VERSION: as how I have removed the tag PHOTO: to get a complete VCF file to Excel automated tool. Also you can add other tags that correspond to email id, additional telephone number etc.,
Note: As a caution, please take a back up of the vCard file & save the excel file with .xlsm extension, before executing the code.
What if there are multiple VCF files: How to Merge if there are multiple VCF Files?
Also Read: VBA Option Explicit Not Working - Solved
2. vCard To Excel Free Convert with Microsoft Outlook
To convert VCARD to Excel for free, double click on .vcf file & open it with Microsoft Outlook application. It will update all the contacts to Outlook contacts.
To export contacts from Outlook to Excel use the below steps.
Export Outlook Contacts to Excel:
- Choose ‘Contacts’ from outlook app.
- Click File Menu & choose ‘Import and Export’ option. (Shortcut ‘Alt + F + T).
- Select “Export to File” & click next.
- Choose “Microsoft Excel 97-2003”, Click next.
- Choose Contacts to be converted to Excel.
- Type Output file name & path.
- Click next and then “Finish”.
Now Outlook will convert your contacts from .vcf file to Excel with this indirect method.
The Excel file with contacts will be generated in the path that you have mentioned during export option.
3. Convert VCF to Excel – Mobile Contacts to Xlsx
To convert your mobile contacts in vCard file to Excel, follow mobile specific recommendations given below.
Android: “Contacts Backup – Excel & Email” by Eastros Pvt Ltd for Android has comparatively a large number of download and good rating when compared to other available apps.
iPhone: Click here CopyTrans Contacts to know more about this iPhone iOS product that will serve the purpose.
There are few other products available to export mobile contacts to Excel in the Google Play Store & iPhone App Store. But the above apps would be suffice for our purpose.
Using VCF to Excel converter as Android Contact Manager
The Excel macro just uses the VB File read operations which is nothing different from reading a plain text file. But still it handles minimal VCF format tags and imports vCard as one contact per row in excel.
The code reads contacts in VCF file one by one and its Tags. It parses the detail from each tag and writes into Excel. Once all the contacts are imported in Excel, the file can be saved to a CSV format. This is how we can convert VCF to Excel/CSV format.
The imported contact will be comparatively good for the user’s eyes to refer than opening and manually reading the vCard File. This option works fine for a Vcard file exported from an Android Mobile and we can manage the contacts in this way.
What Else Can we Import to Excel
VCF To Excel Converter – 28,900+ Free Downloads – VCard to XLS, CSV
- Games VCF Countif Record Macro Timer in Excel Task Manager print screen HTML Table Import Data Thumbnails Text to Speech TTS Candy Crush Block Apps in FaceBook C++ Programing Machine learning AI bulk email Excel VBA vba color index vba color codes Android social media Twitter Google+ Google Adsense Tips bitcoin Calendar in Excel outlook vba mass email Data Mining Excel Macro Facebook WhatsApp python Wordpress