Are we Using Start Up Folder Option
We have option in Windows to add the list of application to be launched during a system start up.
But, we do not use it often. Because it increases system start up time. We want to see our Desktop as soon as possible right after we type Login and Password.
Prepare List of Frequently Used Apps and Launch them From Excel
As an alternative, we can have a list of Folders and Applications (like Outlook, Project Folders etc., ) in an excel sheet.
Notepad Outlook D:\ Calc Chrome
After creating a new excel workbook, prepare a list of Application or Folder that will be useful right after we login to our system.
Visual Basic123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930Sub Read_Application_List()Dim Row1 As IntegerDim File_Path As StringRow1 = 1File_Path = Sheets("Sheet2").Cells(Row1, 1)While File_Path <> ""Launch_Apps_Folders File_PathRow1 = Row1 + 1File_Path = Sheets("Sheet2").Cells(Row1, 1)WendEnd SubSub Launch_Apps_Folders(File_Path As String)Dim Launch_App As ObjectSet Launch_App = CreateObject("Shell.Application")'Or Add a reference to "Microsoft Shell Controls And Automation"'Dim Launch_App As Shell32.Shell'Launch the ApplicationOn Error GoTo Launch1:VBA.Shell File_Path, vbMinimizedNoFocusGoTo Exit1Launch1:'Launch the FoldersLaunch_App.Open (File_Path)Exit1:End Sub
- Press Alt+F11 to view the VB Editor.
- Copy paste the below code.
- Press F5 to execute the code.
- All the applications in the list will be launched one by one.
The Comments mentioned inside the code gives some explanation about the VBA functions used. To know detailed information about these functions refer MSDN.
Previous Post: Different Methods to Refer Excel Sheet or Cell
Next Post: Excel VBA html Table import – Export Web Table to Worksheet
Launch List of Application – Batch Execution
- Games VCF Countif Record Macro Timer in Excel Task Manager print screen HTML Table Import Data Thumbnails Text to Speech TTS Candy Crush Block Apps in FaceBook C++ Programing Machine learning AI bulk email Excel VBA vba color index vba color codes Android social media Twitter Google+ Google Adsense Tips bitcoin Calendar in Excel Excel Macro outlook vba mass email Data Mining WhatsApp Facebook python Wordpress