Enable Greyed Insert Button in Excel
Sometime the Row Insert or Column insert button get disabled/greyed out. Unsure of what happened. Here are few hints to bring it back.
Follow these simple steps to enable the Insert button in Excel.
- Close all Microsoft Excel Applications
- Press “Windows Key + R” & type “%appdata%\Microsoft\Excel”.
- Rename the file Excelnn.xlb to Excelnn.anything
Now, open any Excel file, right click on any cell & check whether the Insert button is enabled.
Note: This option works if the Excel file is not protected for editing. To know how to make a protected sheet to unprotected one refer this page.
Enable Insert Button from Options
If both the above options does not work, then try this alternate method.
- Goto Excel File menu -> Options -> Advanced
- Scroll to Cut,Copy, and Paste
- Enable check box for Show Insert Options button
- Scroll further down to “Display options for this Workbook”
- Check combobox ‘All’ under ‘For Objects, Show’
These 2 options will work out.
Now again go to the Excel worksheet & check whether you are able to see the Insert button.
Excel Insert Button is Disabled – Greyed Out – How To Enable It?
- Games VCF Countif Record Macro Timer in Excel Task Manager print screen HTML Table Import Data Thumbnails Text to Speech TTS Candy Crush Block Apps in FaceBook C++ Programing Machine learning AI bulk email Excel VBA vba color index vba color codes Android social media Twitter Google+ Google Adsense Tips bitcoin Calendar in Excel Excel Macro outlook vba mass email Data Mining WhatsApp Facebook python Wordpress