How To Create Excel Data Table?
A Data Table generates different scenarios for your formula. You can use it to do What-if analysis.
Lets first create a Excel Table that has at least 2 columns. This will help in understanding how Data tables work.
- First column filled with test values
- Second column header with calculation to be tested.
Or create a table as in Example section. Now We a table. Lets create a Data Table with this.
- Select Table range.
- Click Menu -> Data -> What-If Analysis.
- Select ‘Data Tables’.
- Choose appropriate cells for Row or Column Input.
- Click Ok.
Excel will automatically apply the formula and generate results for other values in Table.
For users who are new to What-If Analysis, the above explanation is not good enough.
Lets see with an Example Data Table Creation scenario.
Also Read: How to Convert Word to PDF?
How to Use Excel Data Table? – Example
Assume that you want to calculate percentage for marks scored by students.
Below Table has the Marks scored out of 200 Marks, by students in a subject.
A B C D Total Marks 200 100% <- ‘B1/200 Jobs 100 Gates 150 Sachin 180
If a student gets 200 out of 200 then he scored 100% marks.
What-if Analysis & Data Tables
Similarly to easily check the percentage of marks scores by other students, we are going to create a Data table.
- Select the table range B1:C4.
- Select Menu -> Data -> What-if Analysis -> Data Table.
- In Column Input Row choose cell B1.
- Click Enter.
Now, Excel will substitute the values remaining and generate the results for other students automatically. The table will look like the one below.
A B C D Total Marks 200 100% =(B1/200)*100 Jobs 100 50% =(100/200)*100 Gates 150 75% =(150/200)*100 Sachin 180 90% =(180/200)*100
Make a Data Table in Excel
What we saw in above examples is just with single Column Input.
Data Tables can also be extended to generate scenarios for values in multiple columns also.
You can use Row Input cell also.
With Data Tables, Excel can generate multiple scenarios very quickly and saves time in entering formula in each column and row of a Table.
How to Create Data Table Excel?
- Block Apps in FaceBook print screen Excel Countif Record Macro Timer in Excel Task Manager VCF HTML Table Import Data Thumbnails Text to Speech TTS Candy Crush C++ Programing Machine learning AI bulk email Excel VBA vba color index vba color codes Android social media Twitter Google+ Google Adsense Tips bitcoin Calendar in Excel outlook vba mass email Data Mining Excel Macro Facebook WhatsApp Wordpress python