Recall Sent Mail in Gmail
In the busy agile world everything happens so quick with no time. Mistakes also happen as quick as life.
There is no time to regret in anything that individual is doing in the present society. There are some ways to escape the mistake. Similarly in Gmail, escaping from the mail that we was sent already, can be recalled.
How to Recall Gmail?
Even if there is no sent messages of regret, there should be a check made to our Gmail settings now
- Login to your Gmail account.
- Click the Google gear icon found in the top right side
- In settings, go to the first tab and click general
- Scroll down and there will be a undo send option that we should click, and select enable
- Set your cancellation period as maximum from 5, 10, 20, 30 seconds where by default undo send works only for 5 seconds.
- Then click save changes at the bottom of the page.
Test Recall Option
After doing this we can try out a testing mail, where we can compose a mail
- After composing, send them to someone you choose
- After you send a message, you will see the popup message appearing “your message has been sent”
- And there will be a option to undo or view message.
- Click undo
There is an exception to this option.
Note: Unfortunately this won’t help us for a gmail that is sent longer than the 30 seconds.
Google has enabled this option only for accidental click of Send button. And hence this time limit.
If you have configured MS Outlook for your Gmail account, then there will be more sophisticated options available.