Speed Up Google Chrome
Be it a Computer or a Smartphone, we do so many things through it such as hearing songs, watching movies, editing documents. But most of us spend time on internet for searching so many things. World has been covered with think and confusing cloud of data servers and networks.
Internet browsers help us to plug into this cloud and extract the information that we need. There are so many Internet browser application available for the users in the software market, such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet explorer, Opera etc.
But still 7 out of 10 people use Google chrome as their default web browser.
Chrome Slow Loading – How to speed up chrome browser?
While working with your Google Chrome browser, if you find it very slow then follow the below listed options to optimize the browser.
- Step 1: Launch Chrome browser and search at top right corner(below the “X” close window) there is option to go for SETTINGS or type this in the URL box “chrome://settings“ .
- Step 2: This will open the Settings Page. Click on “Show Advanced Settings…” at the end of the page.
- Step 3: Find for section with name “Privacy” and UNCHECK the following items.
- Use a web service to help resolve navigation errors.
- Use a prediction service to help complete searches and URLs typed in the address bar.
- Step 4: Then find section with name “Network” & click on Change proxy settings.
- Step 5: It will open a new Popup Window. Click on LAN setting from the window and uncheck the automatically detect setting. Then click on OK.
This will considerably speed up your browser better than before.
After doing these changes you can also download the extension FASTESTFOX FOR CHROME.
Also Read: Whatsapp Send Original Quality Image
Hidden settings for Faster Performance
You can find from many articles that Chrome browser uses 128MB of RAM by default. This default setting can be increased by using the options described in below steps. This will improve the overall browsing experience on your Android phone or tablet and Windows, Linux, Mac and Chrome OS systems.
Here is how you can speed up Chrome browser for a more stable and smoother performance on your device:
- Step 1: Launch the Chrome browser.
- Step 2: Enter the following URL/line in the Omni box and then copy/paste it into your browser’s tab. This will unlock Chrome’s experimental features on your computer.
- Step 3: Now hit the Enter key to execute the URL command.
- Step 4: Then tap the Default button under Maximum tiles for interest area.
- Step 5: Now choose either 256 or 512MB RAM option (depending on the RAM availability or installed memory).
- Step 6: Close Chrome browser and relaunch it.
Many of us install plugins on the go, use it and forget to uninstall or switch them off. Such plugins will keep on occupying the memory and might slow down the browser performance.
To work faster and smoother on your chrome browser you must have some selected plugins installed. Too much plugins can slow up your browsing speed. Follow the steps below and start removing your extra plug-in from your browser.
- Open your chrome browser and go to the following address “chrome://plugins/”
- Uncheck the plugins which are not in your use. You can also delete these plugins unwanted plugins.
- Understand that you may not be able to delete or uninstall these plugins, you can only disable them
You might wonder if Plugins and extensions are almost similar to each other? Plugins are usually a third party programs which are needed to enhance the speed and performance of your browser but other than this extension are specifically needed for browsers.
These Extensions really slows up your browser and can affect your browsing speed very badly. To avoid this thing you just need to follow the below steps carefully.
- Open your chrome browser and type the following address in the address bar “chrome://extensions/”
To check the full list of extensions installed in your browser, simply click on Wrench icon on your toolbar, navigate to Tools and then click on Extensions.
- You will now going to see an extensions list which is supporting your browser.
- Simply uncheck the extensions which are not needed or just delete those extensions which are not needed in future.
You will surely see some changes in your browsing speed as you delete those extensions from your browser.