Candy Crush & Block Game Invites on Facebook
To block game requests on Facebook, follow this simple tweak inside the FB settings.
Probably some of us have never tried this game or we are bored of playing enough Candy Crush. Either ways, we turn red faced, when we eagerly open a notification, expecting it to be from any of your special friends. But, it turns out to be a “Candy Crush Saga”or Other Game request.
It is not completely your friend’s fault. It is just a traditional technique that King.com, (developers of Candy Crush) follows to promote this Facebook Game. Try to play it once and you will also be tempted to send request to your Friend to gain ‘additional lives’.
How To Block Game Requests On Facebook?
You can follow any of the 2 methods to block all game requests on FB & also all notifications. Follow the below steps and choose the methods best fits you.
- Login to your Facebook account
- Go to Settings Page.
- On the Left side bar, you can see options “General”, “Security”, “Privacy” and so on.
Once you are in FB settings page, choose the options under below sections.
Also Read: How to Play Fortnite Game?
1. Block Apps or Games Requests using their Name:
If you have the game or app name to block its requests or notifications, follow the below steps.
- Go to FB settings page.
- Select option ‘Blocking‘ & click it.
- Find ‘Block App’ field in “Manage Blocking” Page.
- Type name of the Game.
- Select suggested name from drop down list to block.
For Example, type “Candy Crush” or any App name that you want to block. Choose the App from suggested name list. Now, you will not get any requests or invites from this game or app. No more surprising Red Faces.
2. Block Game Requests From User
If you are getting a invitation more often from any of your friend or stranger, then it is possible to block all the invitation or requests from that user.
- Choose ‘Blocking’ from FB settings page.
- Find ‘Block App Invites’ in ‘Manage Blocking’ Page.
- Enter user name to block invites from.
- Choose the user from drop down suggestions.
- User is blocked from sending you any game or app requests.
In any of the above methods, if you have chosen a wrong game name or user name accidentally, no need to worry. FB will display ‘unblock’ just near the blocked entity. Click on it, to unblock & continue receiving game requests.
Note: This block app invites option stop only the invites from a person. If you want to block a user who annoys you by sending any messages in chat or comments, then choose option ‘Block user’ in the same page.
3. Block Notifications From Apps Added
Facebook provides flexibility for you to choose which kind of notifications you want to see and which to be hidden. Follow below steps to hide unwanted notifications.
- In Settings page, find option “Notifications” in this side bar and click it.
- It will display Notification Settings page.
- Search for option “App requests and activity” at end of the page and click on “Edit”.
Once you click on Edit, it will display all the Apps that you have approved to get notifications. If you have accepted any request from Candy Crush already, It will be displayed here. Uncheck the Box near the App and click on ‘Close’ button.
Not only Candy Crush, many of us don’t want to get any game request in Facebook notification, though we love those games and mad about it. This is how we can block game requests on FB. Once you turn it off, you will not get any notification from the App that just got disabled. Choose any of the above explained methods that best suits you.
Previous Post: Login to Facebook, Twitter, Google+ in IE from Excel
Next Post: Post to Facebook Timeline through Email
Block Game Requests On Facebook & Candy Crush Invites
- Block Apps in FaceBook print screen Excel Countif Record Macro Timer in Excel Task Manager VCF HTML Table Import Data Thumbnails Text to Speech TTS Candy Crush C++ Programing Machine learning AI bulk email Excel VBA vba color index vba color codes Android social media Twitter Google+ Google Adsense Tips bitcoin Calendar in Excel outlook vba mass email Data Mining Excel Macro Facebook WhatsApp Wordpress python