Candy Crush & Game Promotional Requests
Probably some of us have never tried this game or we are bored of playing enough Candy Crush. Either ways, we turn red faced, when we eagerly open a notification (expecting some interesting update from some of friends) in Facebook, but it turns out to be “Candy Crush Saga” request.
It is not completely your friend’s fault. It is just a traditional technique that King.com, (developers of Candy Crush) follows to promote this Facebook Game.
Try to play it once and you will also be tempted to send request to your Friend to gain ‘additional lives’.
Stop Unwanted App Requests in Facebook
Not only Candy Crush, many of us don’t want to get any game request in Facebook notification, though we love those games and mad about it.
You can follow any of the 2 methods to stop such unnecessary requests or notifications. Follow the below steps and choose the methods best fits you.
- Login to your Facebook account
- Go to Settings Page.
- On the Left side bar, you can see options “General”, “Security”, “Privacy” and so on.
1. Block Apps or Games Requests using their Name:
If you know the app name that you want to block from getting any requests or notifications, follow the below steps.
- In Settings page, find option “Blocking” and click it.
- It will display the “Manage Blocking” Page.
- At end of the page you can see option “Block App” with a text box.
Enter “Candy Crush” or any App name that you want to block. Choose the App from drop down. This completes the process of Blocking an App or Game request. No more surprising Red Faces. J.
2. Hide Notification from Already Approved Apps
Facebook provides flexibility for you to choose which kind of notifications you want to see and which to be hidden. Follow below steps to hide unwanted notifications.
- In Settings page, find option “Notifications” in this side bar and click it.
- It will display Notification Settings page.
- Search for option “App requests and activity” at end of the page and click on “Edit”.
Once you click on Edit, it will display all the Apps that you have approved to get notifications. If you have accepted any request from Candy Crush already, It will be displayed here. Uncheck the Box near the App and click on ‘Close’ button.
This completes the process. Now on, you will not get any notification from the App that you just disabled. Choose any of the above explained methods that best suits you.
- Hide Profile Picture From Strangers in WhatsApp
- Login Automatically into Facebook using Excel (Browser supported IE)
Previous Post: Login to Facebook, Twitter, Google+ in IE from Excel
Next Post: Post to Facebook Timeline through Email
Block Candy Crush & Other Game Requests in Facebook